Gyenesdiás - active & family friendly resort village of the West-Balaton region
Gyenesdiás is a lovely resort village only 100 kilometres away from the western border of Hungary, in the West Balaton Region 15 kilometres from the Fly-Balaton Airport. The towns of Keszthely, known for its fascinating Festetics Palace and Hévíz with its world famous spa are only a few kilometres from here.
Fun on the beaches
There are two beaches available in Gyenesdiás for the lovers of bathing, swimming and sunshine:
The Beach at Diásobtained the blue flag again with 5 stars and got a special award as the most points achieved beach in 2018. The beach owns the title “family-friendly beach of Balaton”, too. The beach offers various programmes and following services:
- for little guests:playground, natural paddling-pool, once free slip on the giant water slide; animation: kids’ programmes, sport championships, mini disco, etc.
- forsport fans: sport fields such as beach volleyball courts with lights, beach football field, table tennis, streetball field, chess; sport in the water: water polo, heading goals, basketball, volleyball – championships, water aerobics and various entertainment programmes daily organised by our animation team;
- forlazy bones and sun seekers: spacious lawn, the beach radio provides good music and useful information on programmes;
- entertainment: Sindbad Beach-radio, animation;
- safety: first-aid station, doctor, safes;
- plus: rentals, free internet, restaurants, snack-bars and free parking.
Ticket prices (updated: July 2018): 850 Ft, kids: 500 Ft
TheBeach in Gyenes: is preferred by families with kids and sun seekers due to its cosy and intimate atmosphere. Kids can frolic around and cool off on hot summer days in the shallow water or they can dig tunnels and make castles in the big sandpit, while mom and dad relax and chill out on the shore. In addition to bathing the beach attracts the active guests with beach volleyball and beach soccer.
Ticket prices (updated: July 2018): 550 Ft, kids: 400 Ft
Active holiday experience...In the hills, valleys and on the water all year
Besides summer fun and bathing Gyenesdiás offers a lot of possibilities for those seeking an exciting holiday experience...
- nature lovers can enjoy hiking and nordic walking tours in the Keszthely Hills starting from the excursion centre “Nagymező” (Big Meadow) to viewing towers, springs, caves, etc
- discover the charming hills and beautiful forests on adventurous bike trips
- sailing, angling
- try bowling, squash, billiards or mini golf for active refreshment
- the clay pigeon shooting is a great experience for all ages
- picnic on the Big Meadow
- interactive exhibition in the House of Nature Visitor Centre
- hands on pottery and clay work at Pottery house
- visiting the Blacksmith
- historical Avar exhibition and Crafty workshop in the old Herdsman’s House
- wine tastings at The Darnay (cellar, picnic garden and event barn)
- feeding and stroking of native animals at the Livi’s Animal farm.
Several cosy restaurants and tavern invite you with typical Hungarian cuisine and famous delicious wines. Take a pleasant stroll through the market in Gyenesdiás where you can buy tasty fish and other dishes, products of small farmers like goat cheese, home-made marmalade and syrup, fruit and vegetables, honey etc. Do not forget to try one of the tastiest flatbreads (Lángos) of the Balaton region and the delicious ice cream specialities. The newly renovated old cellar (built in 1644), the yard and the new event barn attracts guests with various culinary programmes and wine tastings.
Everything is given to the great family holiday...
because our family-friendly restaurants provide everything for the kids, so that everybody can enjoy their lunch and at our family-friendly accommodation the kids are warmly welcomed and they have all the facilities to enjoy a great adventure.
Guests of the local Tourism Association visit both beaches of the village for free with the Gyenesdiás Plus advantage card and enjoy a wide range of services in the region with significant discounts. More experience for less money!
- April Budding-Spring Festival
- May Balaton+Spring
- June Bream festival , Wine Days in Gyenesdiás, St.Christopher’s day
- July Village Hall concerts
- July-August Village Hall Evenings: classic concerts
- August Festetics horse race
- September Wine harvest festival, Potato day, Balaton+Autumn
- December Advent Chestnut Roasting and Xmas Fair
It’s only a stone’s throw away…
The West-Balaton region laced by the ’Hungarian Sea’ (Balaton) and the Kis-Balaton hides thousands of exciting treasures: gently rolling hills, proud dolomite cliffs, silky water beaches, family and thermal spas warmed up by the chilled volcanic hills, healing air and water filled caves, gorgeous palaces and ancient castles, interesting exhibitions, colourful nature reserves rich in flora and fauna, look-out towers and nature trails. West-Balaton… the land of gentle beauties
Spend the most beautiful time of the year in Gyenesdiás, make your holiday in the resort village of the West Balaton Region